Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Why does everything have to be a PITA???

Man yesterday was a rough long day. I spent 5 hours on the phone with passport Canada and it got me know where fast. So we will just hope and pray we get them in time. I also spent about an hour and a half on the phone with Dawson's ped. We dropped off the Easter Seals diaper fund and Disability Tax Credit form over a month ago and still have not got them back (or heard from her). I did get through right away to her (the ped) and we went over the forms and she filled them out while I was on the phone. We should be getting them in the mail soon.

While I had her on the phone I asked about his Bone Mineral Density Scan he has done about a month ago (I have called about 5x for results and they had not got it back from the hospital). Same deal yesterday only she called over to get the results for me and called me back. His spine is "within normal limits for his age" this is GREAT news. That means at this time he does not have Osteoporosis in his spine. His hips and legs are "above normal limits" this is not such great news. This means he has Osteoporosis in his hips and legs. We are still hopeful that the Caltrate will help him with this and we see his Rhumotologist again in May so hopefully he will have some ideas on a better treatment plan.

Dawson has been doing great. We have been able to cut down on the amount of pain meds he has been on. He is doing great with the sore muscle rubs (sometimes we can just use the rubs instead of the rubs and pain meds). This is a big step in the right direction. Only time will tell with the nice weather coming though. We also figured out (so we think) where his headaches are coming from. The neuro wanted us to keep a meal log to see if its a food (or foods) triggering migraines but we have yet to find a food that is causing it. While Dawson was getting these headaches so was Mikalah,Dave and I. I believe he is suffering from seasonal allergies (like the rest of us), and so far he has been fever/headache free for about 3 weeks now. This week it is supposed to warm up again though so if the headaches come back (I have had one for 3 days now) than I will know for sure it is allergies

No comments: